Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Script Frenzy: How Bad It Is

When I get stuck – which a has been often – I resort to making an outline. Broken down into scenes by what I call chapters, or a cycle in the repeating motiffs which takes a lot longer to say the same thing and further into Acts. Just to give me an idea of the points I want to hit, the points I have hit, and an idea of where I'm going and how much time and space I have to do it in. A checklist of what's done and undone. To give you some idea of just how much adrenaline I'm going to have to pump through my veins to get this script done, here's the latest one I've worked up:


ACT I. ESTABLISH

I. INTRO
1. Camp
2. Prologue (VO)
3. Battle of Erdanus Valley
4. CREDITS

II. NOLANI
5. MAGE's home
6. MAGE's training MONTAGE
7. MAGE escapes
8. MAGE charms SOLDIER
9. The leap

ACT II. JOURNEY

III. DOLLMAGE
10. Riverbank
11. Stealing clothes
12. Travel
13. 1st Village
14. Flight from the CAPTAIN
15. The Fort
16. Fight with DOLLMAGE
17. Foreshadowing

IV. CAPTAIN
18. 2nd Village
19. The arrest
20. Prison
21. Meet the CAVALIER
22. Escape
23. Fight with the CAPTAIN, CAPTAIN is killed by the CAVALIER

V. REBELS
24. Travel, the Big Reveal
25. At the hideout
26. The Plan (VO)
27. Escape

ACT III. RESOLUTION

VI. DOLLMAGE REDUX
28. Travel
29. The ambush
30. Captured by the DOLLMAGE

VII. THE BARON'S
31. In the Dungeon
32. Rescued by the rebels, CAVALIER
33. Rescue the PRINCESS
34. Fight with the DOLLMAGE
35. Enter the BLADEDANCER, CAVALIER killed
36. Fight with the BLADEDANCER, SOLDIER killed
37. PRINCESS kills the BLADEDANCER
38. Escape

VIII. OUTRO
39. The docks
40. On the boat
41. CREDITS



Oh, um, spoilers, I guess. But, really, do you care? Yeah, I thought not.


Anyhow, guess how much of that is done. Guess how many of those places are me going... “Um, something happens and they get to here. Yeah, I'll fill that in later.” Go on. Guess (Here's a hint. Anywhere I say “travel” I have no clue what's going on.). Because that's what's left to write. That's what I've got four days to get done.


Damn, I love the Frenzy.

No comments: