Monday, June 18, 2007

Throwing in the Towel

A few days ago, I wrote two versions of this post. As a good luck thing. There's the one I like to call “Happy Ending” and the one I like to call “To Be Continued...”. I'm still pissed I had to post the later.


So, yeah, I didn't make it to the finish line this weekend. Plenty of time left, though, and if I average even....say, 500 words a day, I'll make it. But this was my last, best chance to do so before life and apathy took over. C'est la vie.


Been meaning to mention this for a while but I thought even though he earned his first loss of the season Miller pitched fairly well the other night. He showed both why he needs some time to tighten up his shit and why that shit is big league stuff. A good outing with only 3 ERs but the other guy had only 2 and, well, that's the way the game goes.


Tigers got them back tonight, though, by shelling them in front of Verlander. There was a lot of buzz going into the game, as you might imagine, but really I think about as well as you could expect. There's just no way the stars aligned for another no-hitter. Even though the newspapers and columnists were hinting at it. But, hey, doesn't bother me since they need to sell tickets, peanuts, and programs. But, at this point, there's just way too much about Verlander. I'm half expecting him to get hit by a truck any day now.

No comments: