Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Cue "Eye of the Tiger"

Ah, that's more like it. I'm done with my nightly frenzy and I think I managed to get back to a 1k a day pace, here. I didn't think I was doing much until I looked up (or down, as the case may be) and saw I'd just written three or four pages. That's still awful compared with what I'm capable of but, let's face it, 20k in 30 days is a leisurely pace so I'm taking my time here. Still not completely satisfied with my results just yet. I'm focusing on the ancillary bits of the story not the core elements, and it's still not coming together. I only managed to write a few scenes, too, so I haven't made much headway. Ah well, I feel better because I wrote something. It's better than writing nothing. But, I think, tomorrow I'm going to find the time to sit down and take a good long think about this script. Maybe hit up the frenzy forums and see what can be seen. But, at the moment, I'm just slogging through it and I don't like that at all.


The Word Counter on the official site's up to 5.35 million now, by the way. Or about 400k more than it was earlier today when I wrote this. That's pretty awesome.


By the way, I don't know how many people are currently signed up but, last I heard, it was something like 7~8k. The number of words for everyone to have written 20k? Something on the order of 150 million. So, long ways to go.


Completely unrelated, didn't mention this yesterday but Steve Gilliard passed away at a saddeningly young age. He was one of the progressive blogosphere's leading lights and he'll be missed. Unfortunately, the vagaries of the blogosphere being what they are, he was just another name on the blog roll to me. I never read much of his work – I gather he really hit it big a little bit before my time, so to speak – and I never frequented his site or anything of the like. Reading posts like this, though, make me wish I would have.

No comments: