Wednesday, January 17, 2007

There Goes My Weekend. Again.

Although for some reason it's not on a separate page to link to, the announcement for the upcoming “test” weekend. And, well, now I know what I'm doing this weekend. Expect light blogging because I'll be engaging in the PvP style of grinding, I'm sure. The rumblings (which I really can't talk about because they were made in confidence and all. I've been a tester, I know how the whole NDA secret thing goes and all.) I've heard promise some interesting things, by the way. Still no word on when the new GvG tournament system's going live, though.

What I find amusing here is the direction to leave feedback at any number of fansites. As I said here, I'm all in favor of more transparency (Along with, you know, more rapid rebalancing changes. They've been reticent to make changes in the middle of a season and all because they've been burned in the past but, hopefully, with the new tournament system they'll be able to make minor tweaks more often. Rather than the occasional massive change.) But when the game doesn't even have an official forums, it's hard to take things like this seriously – all that work and efforts been shopped out, in so many words, to the fansites and their volunteers. Why they don't have boards at the official site where the developers can leave posts and answer questions is beyond me. The kind of communication they're looking to create here is a two-way street, after all.

No comments: