Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A Razorblade and A Handful of Salt

Argh! Today was going great. I was clearing out my ghostfile of stubs and felt like I was headed for another 10k day. But then I just lost the momentum and stalled out. I think my mistake was in trying to write something creative because, let's face it, that's just not getting done lately. I'm not quite sure of the reason but I'm going to have to fix it somehow. Not liking my level of productivity lately - worried that I'm going to be falling asleep again.

So, mostly, I managed to get what I wanted to talk about in regards to Guild wars from over the weekend done. But there's so much else that I wanted to post about today. Still haven't even managed to talk about the Iraq plan or anything and, you know, it's not like I started this blog to gaze at my navel as I played a video game. Again. And it's not just here, too many things I should be getting done are going undone.

Winter's finally hit in earnest around where I live. My mother - who works at the power company - has told me she's been on "storm duty" for the past day or so thanks to all the outages. So, I guess I should just be glad that I even have the power to blog at all. But it's cold and wet and dreary, I just want to curl up under a warm blanket and sleep in.

I was reminded the other day of just why I play Guild Wars. The people playing that game are much smarter than I am. It's difficult to put into words exactly, but this post sums it up pretty well. Like any online game it's all about the people. And the population of Guild Wars likes to talk and discuss and debate topics ranging from the high to the low. It's easy to feel lost amid a hostile crowd of strangers, at times, but at the same time it's easy to find someone interesting and informed. Just remember, it's a game for PvPers and they fight about everything.

Tomorrow I'll have another session of class and, hopefully, I'll be a bit less nervous about it. The first session was all about reviewing remidial stuff that, frankly, wasn't very interesting so hopefully we can now get into the real crunchy stuff. Never thought I'd be excited about a math class but I guess I am.

Outlook: Back to the drawing board again.

[1] - 10 minutes.

No comments: