Sunday, January 7, 2007

Mango Chutney Flambe

Meh, it's been kind of a blah day. I don't know what it is but, generally, it's the weekends that are busier for me than the week. Maybe it's because during the week I have a schedule and during the weekend I'm free to do what I want so I cram as much as I can into the day and wind up accomplishing not much of anything.

Still haven't written a drop - well, creatively anyway (I'm not counting blog or forum posts towards my yearly goal of 1.2m because if I did, well, I think I'd get pretty depressed at just how many words I kick out there when they don't mean anything and just how few I use for the important things.) which is starting to annoy me. But I have done a lot of background work and thinking about things so hopefully I'll be able to pick it up next week.

On the Guild Wars front, well, I didn't play much yesterday - just an hour or two in the snowball fights where I racked up 10 more wins before calling it a night. I'm about to head in for more of the same and hopefully I'll have a little better luck tonight.

Most of today was devoted to partying and watching the playoffs. I was remiss in posting my predictions but let's just say the Dallas game was particularly satisfying. Having been through situations a lot like Romo's many times with Lions quarterbacks - you know, they sit on the sideline looking pretty, get in the game and make a splash, and then just crumble as the season goes along (The only difference is no one cares about Detroit football - not nationally anyway - so they don't get lauded as saviors and wunderkinds.) - I just knew that he was going to fold and take the Cowboy's season with him. The way it happened wasn't something I could ever have imagined but, well, that was fun to watch. The Colts game was a no-brainer, of course.

Anyhow, for tomorrow's games I'm taking the Giants because there's just something about them that even though Philly seems to be the obvious winner I have to go with New York. And as a Michigan alum there's no way I'm picking against New England and Brady in the playoffs. Ever. So I'll take them over the other New York team even though I've got a feeling about them, too. You can tell I'm well versed in the stats and nuances of football, can't you?

The rest of the day I spent helping my mother remove all the Christmas decorations from this year's gathering of the clan. Well, a lot of them anyway. A bit of shopping afterwards as I hunted for a replacement headset took some time, too. Didn't see anything I liked - I'm picky about my headphones because I tend to use them a lot and I want something that's going to feel good and work well - so I'll have to continue the search tomorrow. My last pair were from Logitech and they seem to have nice stuff but I'm hoping to avoid buying them again because of how my old pair broke on me. And I also don't want to spend too much on the things so my search parameters are really narrowed.

Anyhow, I'm off to throw snow at people and I'll see you all tomorrow when, hopefully, I'll have a bit more to show for my efforts.

Outlook: More snow. More faces.

[1] - 25 minutes but some of that was spent on another post. One that didn't get off the ground yet, unfortunately.

No comments: