Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Snowy Day

Class was pretty rough tonight. Not the class itself but getting there.

Today was one of those slightly snowy days when the snowflakes hang suspended in the air. I swear, a little of snow falling from the sky and it's like people forget to drive. I know, I know, it's the cascade effect - one car slows down a bit, the next one slows too, and so on until you have too many cars on the road at once and everyone has to slow way down. Made driving out to school a real pain. Normally, when I'm stuck in traffic I find it's a good time to write a poem or sketch out a story but today I couldn't because, you know, I actually had to concentrate on not running into the car in front of me or into a snowy embankment. Trapped in traffic, I was running late and rushed to get to the class room on time. So, of course, the teacher was about half an hour late. Sigh.

There was much discussion of invoking the mythical ten minute rule (Or fifteen, or twenty, or whatever it was. You know, I've heard it before but I don't think I've ever actually seen it happen. Of course, I was stunned to find out they even took attendance at this place and that it mattered for your grade - really not what I'm used to.).

Anyhow, between that and the prospect of having to shovel on the morrow, I'm exhausted. Managed to sneak in a little bit of Guild Wars time and stuck with the Monking. Another day another couple thousand faction - same old same old. And now I'm off to see if I can't get any more writing done before I crash.

Outlook: Cold and sleepy.

[1] - 15 minutes.

No comments: