Friday, January 5, 2007

Oh Glorious Day

Well, I'm feeling a lot more revved up. It might have something to do with the newly whole roof over my head and the fact that the trap I laid out for any creatures trapped in my attic is thankfully empty (Because, you know, I don't want to have anything trapped in there slowly going mad now that I've had the hole the things can crawl through sealed up. But, you know, I also don't want to have to deal with what happens when I actually catch anything, either. Sure, I can put a trap up there - myself, actually, because the city where I live is kind enough to provide them and even dispose of anything caught - but taking out one that's full is another story, I think.) but, instead, I think I'll attribute it to the wonderfully healing power of the comment. When people respond to what I'm doing it makes me fell better. I don't think I'm particularly unique in that. So, as always, if you're reading this feel free to drop me a line to let me know how you feel. I've got the comments here moderated because I'm having spam problems at the moment so don't fret if nothing shows up right away. It's just me, shouting into the darkness here so it might take a little while for me to get around to it but I'm always glad to hear from people and I usually try to respond. Even if you only want to give me a little encouragement and especially if you have some criticism to offer, take that step and click that button and share your thoughts.

Anyhow, I'm still caught in Guild Wars dread siren song but I'm actually producing things so I don't feel as bad. By my count, I just kicked out 11k words in posts today. To say nothing of the stuff I didn't post and the notes I managed to tuck away to build on later (I'm not going to say any more because I've learned the quickest way to kill a post is to promise I'm going to make it.) and all the other stuff I managed to get done. There's more I could put up but I promised myself if I made a few posts I could go and play in the newly extended Snowball Arena for a little while. And, again, if anyone wants to check Guild Wars out I've got more than a few trial keys laying around. Wintersday is lasting until the 11th and the holidays are ending and people are getting back to playing so it's a great time to see what's happening. There's an expectant buzz in the air as now that the PvP season is over some changes are sure to be in the offing and, man, I want to hit people in the face with snowballs again.

I'd like to talk about more, especially how the Democratic party's taken over the Congress for the first time in 12 years and our long national nightmare might very well be over. If, of course, our newly elected leaders can buck the historical trends and actually show some leadership and courage. How Bush's idea that he can search through the mail without warrants is so ludicrously laughable it's dangerous. How an agalmic society is the only way forward. How Thud! is the best book I've read in a while. How it feels like the winds have shifted and there might just be some hope in the world after all. But, man, every liberal and conservative blog in existence is already talking about that and I want to hit people in the face with snowballs.

And, you know, I think I'm going to go and do just that. I'll see you all tomorrow when, hopefully, I'll have a lot more enthusiasm to share.

Outlook: Snowballs! In people's faces!

[1] - 20 minutes

No comments: