Sunday, January 21, 2007

Test Case

I kinda forgo today was my sister's (Well, the one I'm still talking to anyway) birthday celebration. Not her actual birthday but a gathering of the clan to eat and, you know, do what families do. Sorta threw my plans into chaos. But, on the plus side we went to a nice Indian buffet (I have three ways of telling if an "ethnic" restaurant I've never been to before is good. 1) People of that ethnicity eat there - you won't see many Mexicans at Chi-chis, after all. 2) Chinese people eat there - For whatever reason they, as a people, have a great sense for places where you can get a lot of quality food cheaply. 3) Families especially ones with small children eat there - for pretty much the same reason as #2. This place hit all three.) where I stuffed myself on naan and butter chicken. And a lovely little fruit custard with a recipe I'm totally stealing.

And the afternoon's football games ate up some of my attention, too. Especially the end of the Pats-Colt game. Man, that was awesome. My predictions turned out to be wrong (I saw some of the factors involved in each game but drew the wrong conclusions, I think.) but I don't really care.

One of my friends also returned my copy of Snow Crash and I went ahead and started to re-read it. Amazing book that's very interesting to read 15 years after it was first published. I've already burned through the early chapters and it's hard to put down.

As for Guild Wars and the wanning days of the PvP Test Weekend, well, my goal of getting some meaningful HA in has been thwarted. It's just too damn hard to find a group that doesn't make me want to claw out my eyeballs. In its stead, I've been hanging around the RA and TA a lot. Definitely prefer TA. I'm about to head in and see if I can't find any more games before the final bell sounds. Today I've mostly been playing around with the Dervish - using a fairly standard Grenth's build because that's what people seem to want in the HA and I figured I'd better learn it. Having a little trouble adapting it for Arena play but it's a lot of fun especially when you can sneak up on people training on a Monk or something. I've also been trying to relearn the healer's role with a Ritualist build (Sigh, so many roles, so little time.) I plucked from a friend. I've noted that although the game updates say Resilient Weapon should be 5en, it's actually still at 10 energy. Not exactly the kind of bug that affected Destructive Was Glaive but, still. Kinda put a crimp into the build which was based around using Wielder's Boon and Soothing Memories along with Wielder's Remedy and Weapon of Warding - not exactly a stellar healer but good for backing up a real one, I think.

Outlook: Playing with people is so much better than playing with yourself.

[1] - 30 minutes. But I got sidetracked looking into Stephenson.

No comments: