Sunday, January 7, 2007

Guess What I Just Downloaded?

Check out the skill icons in this post.

Yeah, that's right, I just went and got a whole bunch of images from the Guild Wars fansite kit.

Not that I'm trying to be a fansite or anything. Been there, done that, never got the T-shirt come to think of it (It's okay, I probably would have burned it and sent the ashes back.). But, man, those skills look pretty.

I'm actually a little disappointed because I was looking for the snowball skills because, well, I can't tell you yet but I might have something brewing, so to speak. But this isn't exactly the first time I've used the fansite kit and from what I can remember they had high resolution versions of the skills. Bigger than the 64x64 postage stamps they are now. Now, granted, 1000+ of those at decent size would be a lot of data but you just really can't appreciate the beauty of something like Avatar of Melandru at that size:


But, oh, the concept art. Anyhow, I'm really impressed with the skill icons this time around especially on the Dervish side of things. And, maybe, just maybe, I've got some plans for them. I mean, they still suck as far as telling you what the skill does at a glance (Which, don't get me started...) but that's some darned good artwork.

No comments: