Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Buckeyes Go Down in Flames

Since I was one of those who argued that the Florida Gators really didn't belong in the title game, I'd be remiss if I didn't offer them congratulations by way of apology. I suppose there is something after all to the idea that other conferences are a lot faster than the Big Ten. I've found that hard to believe – maybe with lesser programs like Illinois or Northwestern but not at big-time, semi-pro institutions like Michigan or Ohio State. But considering the way Florida manhandled OSU's defensive line (Troy Smith took more sacks than he made passes) I've become convinced. The game looked like it was going to be a rout after the opening kickoff was returned. But once Ginn was injured, OSU just wasn't the same. So, to Florida I say congratulations – you proved yourself the best team in the country and I won't argue with that.

Oh well, at least this means that maybe all my Buckeye friends will shut up about USC crushing Michigan. Because, ouch, that was a rough game last night.

No comments: