Thursday, March 29, 2007

Guild Wars: Silly Thoughts

This might just be the cough medicine talking but, surely, I cant be the only one worried that the standard representation of the upcoming Guild Wars sequel has, somehow, become GW2. It might just because I hate the game and everything it stands for with what little remaining passion for the game I have but it reminds me too much of that late 90s trend to abbreviate every blockbuster in some misguided attempt to become X-treem! Example: "Hey kidz, go see teh ID4, it is the bomb diggity, yo!". I live in fear of the first time I hear someone refer to it as "Gee Dub Too". At that point, I half-expect characters to be given rocket-powered skateboards and, in place of armor, safety pads and biking helmets. It will be totally rad, no doubt. My only interest in the sequel at this point is only in rolling up a Charr character and naming him "Poochy Dogg".

No comments: