Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Tallyboard

  • Posts I wanted to make today: 10
  • Posts I actually made today: 4
  • Posts to reach my goal: 25
  • Days left: 3


So, fell a bit short today but, you know, I'm still feeling pretty good. I'll let you in on a little blogging secret of mine: I generally don't post things right away. I make an outline, then a draft (And, yes, I know, my grammar and spelling still suck.) and then, when I'm finally proud or fed up enough with something, I release it into the wild, as it were. You don't get to see all the posts I've made half-starts on or put aside because I need to track down a link or some reading material before I'm comfortable with posting them – that's one reason I tend to post so much about Guild Wars, I think, because I know the source so well and I don't really need much research (Or, really, I research posts while I'm looking into the latest metagame shifts and shakes). And I've got a pile of those waiting for me tomorrow when I should have a lot more time to work on things. Today was about gearing up and setting things up for the rest of the marathon I'm running. And I'd rather pace myself now rather than burn out too quickly.


The important thing is that I'm in blogging mode. Saving links and jotting down ideas for posts and, in general, just thinking about the blog. I haven't exactly abandoned it but it hasn't been as high a priority lately and turning that around is what this little project is all about.

No comments: