Friday, March 23, 2007

Fan-freaking-Tastic

Well, I'm about to head off to get some practice in. Haven't heard much about scheduling for the match since we're still in the initial contact phase but it might be played as early as Sunday or as late as Tuesday. Either way, time is short and I want to be on top of my game when it's time to throw down.


But, anyway, today my mother called me up in something of a panic because of the pet food recall. There was never any autopsy or anything but the veterinarians told us it was likely kidney failure brought on by old age. But, you know, 16 isn't that old for a cat and when my mother heard there was rat poison in cat food causing death by kidney failure she was out for blood. I've looked through the list of recalled foods, the places that carried them, and the various reporting on it and I'm fairly certain that it's just one of those co-incidences. None of the stores or brands that we've ever fed our cat are involved as far as I can tell. So, false alarm and all but it does mean that just as I was starting to forget about it, all the tragedy's been dredged back up.


Sigh.

No comments: