Thursday, March 22, 2007

Guild Wars: r u guys iq?

Raise the curtain, there's a show about to start. That's right: Drama!

Especially check out page 3 for Rayne's response. Squidget's (where I got this post's title) is a classic, too.

In case you don't know, I was one of the founding members of iQ. That's not really saying much as it was a very different guild back then. I left them when I flaked out shortly after release and although I tried to fit in when I came back, I soon realized that it just wasn't the place for me. The core group of players, people whom I liked and still consider friends, were still there but so were a lot of new faces. And it was a top flight guild by then and since I've never been all that good a year's worth of rust didn't help matters. Not that I don't hope to get back to playing at that level someday but I needed to find a place more to my liking – I'm happy (As I get, anyway) where I am and I'm pleased to no end they've gone on to great things etc, etc, not trying to start anything myself here so I'm trying to say all the right things but, you know, there's a part of me that thinks I missed out on yet another opportunity there and all.

Anyway, I was there when it started and, I'd like to think, no small part in gathering together that initial core of motivated and intelligent players who wanted to be among the best. Because iQ didn't just spring into existence overnight, it was a group of likeminded people who'd been building and preparing since well before the BWEs. So, let me just say that everything revealed in that thread is no surprise (Except, perhaps, for the sheer number of games they've played.).

iQ is a guild of smart people. People who look to game whatever system for the optimal advantage it brings. So, really, I'd be more surprised if they weren't smurfing. And, of course, if they weren't acting as a lightning rod for yet another round of e-drama.

No comments: