Sunday, March 25, 2007

Oy

I've been derelict in my blogging duties but what with the access weekend and all, I've been a busy little farmer. At this point, however, I'm convinced they also tweaked the drop tables for this weekend because I've gotten jack all as far as ectos and shards are concerned. In fact, if it wasn't for one amazing run where I got 5 shards in a row, I wouldn't have any. Go figure.

Beyond that, I've been in heavy training for the latest round of the celestial tourney. I thought the guild we were playing looked familiar and they should because they were already squared off against Main XoO - long story short the Mothership took a forfeit loss under less than sportsman-like circumstances. So, you know, I'd like to get this team in game and exact a little vengeance on them by showing them how we do in the XoO crew - too true, boo. But we're having some scheduling difficulties. We thought we might play them today but in a 7+henchie match because we couldn't get 8 together this weekend for various reasons - the best times for all of us to play are really early evening PST times. It was sort of a last minute thing and we tried to get enough on to meet up with them but, in the end, we didn't have nearly enough people to run a match. Anyway, I'm not sure at this point if we've forfeited or we're still on for the fallback time or what. It's up in the air and e-mails to Mr. Gills are flying back and forth so, ugh. A forfeit - either for or against - would be a pretty lousy note to end the tournament on so I hope we wind up playing.

As for the basketball tournament, well, my bracket's looking pretty good. In one, I called the final four exactly. My overall pick to take the crown is Georgetown and while they gave me a bit of a scare with overtime today, they pulled it out in the end.

Anyway, back to the salt mines.

No comments: