Saturday, March 31, 2007

Guild Wars: How Did I Not Notice This?

When the hell did this happen[1]?

Moebius Strike. 2 second recharge.

Death Blossom. 2 second recharge.

That is how you say, ah yes, the sexy[2].

[1] - Before you say it, yes, I know, during the last big skill update. I just didn't notice it until I got my butt handed to me by the new model Moebius Sins going around.

[2] - This, by the way, is one of those "Protector Strike" Moments. Death Blossom could say "Turn counterclockwise and emit a parp on a regular interval. I am the Walrus." The skill description is meaningless. It's all about that sweet, sweet recharge time meaning you can string dual attack after dual attack.

2 comments:

Clamatius said...

It's been around for a while - in fact, I remember pointing it out in guild chat the other week. The big down apart from the usual getting-blinded kind of thing is that an infuse usually causes the Moebius condition to fail. Still good, though.

Sausaletus Rex said...

It's been around for a while

I know. I guess I just wonder why I didn't notice. I blame it on the massive size of the skill list - this probably isn't the only little gem that people have overlooked.

The big down apart from the usual getting-blinded kind of thing is that an infuse usually causes the Moebius condition to fail.

But you don't really care about the conditional "recharge all attack skills" if you hit someone under 50%. It still hits and it still unlocks the dual attack part of the chain - just like a dual attack unlocks Moebius.

Again, the skill description doesn't matter. It's the fact that it's an off-hand attack with a 2 second recharge that matters. You don't care if you hit the recharge. You just chain from DB to Moebuis and back and forth until someone runs out of energy or dies. You might hit it and recharge whatever it was that let you get to your dual attack string but that only matters when you have to switch targets. The point is that you can apply mad pressure damage - DB hits for 2x40+ which is pretty good, only Blades of Steel tops out higher - and still have plenty of bar left over for other stuff.