Sunday, March 4, 2007

I Have to Say, It Was a Good Day

Ugh still feeling the effects of my bout with the latest foul humors to visit their wickedness upon me. So, again, I took a lazy day to loaf around and do a whole lot of nothing much important. Unlike yesterday when I crawled to my keyboard, sputtering and groaning, filled with the burning desire to get something, anything down, yeah, I've got nothing.

On the plus side, I did manage to finish off Nightfall again. Which means I'm reeeeeally behind on the Progress Updates, aren't I? Anyhow, this time I managed to do it with my Ele (Oddly enough I had the hardest time with Gate of Pain as opposed to Madness this time around. Go figure. Capped all my elites with her, too, which leaves me short just a few skills that I've already unlocked with faction. Still have to finish the opposite path missions and get the masters on the timed mission bonuses but nothing I'm in a rush to do.) which is nice because maybe now I'll get around to doing some Domain of Anguish stuff. Some of the other XoO divisions have been getting groups going for it fairly often and, you know, you can't go wrong with another nukebot. And I loves me some SF spam. Sure, I could be doing these things with my Derv but that would mean doing some kind of tanking - the going model seems to be a variation on the old Obs Flesh tanker with the oh so juicy Mystic Regeneration. But I hate tanking. It's just boring and a lot of work. I much prefer just blasting things away. Especially since I'm very out of practice on the high end PvE stuff. I have a feeling I'm going to be busy this coming week what with teh PvP and all but there's fat money to be made in the DoA, I hear, and buying up all my skillz is expensive.

Anyhow, it's time to head off to practice. I don't know why we're bothering because a) we're going to get pounded this round. And b) we're having the customary scheduling issues again so we're probably going to miss another round of play.

3 comments:

Lemming said...

You seriously write too much, Saus. Yesterday had a rather disturbing amount of output from you. :P And to think that I thought that I was writing too much because I wrote ~1300 words on match reports this weekend.

Anyways, I don't think that a defeatist attitude towards your next matchup is going doing you any favors. I don't know how to phrase it without sounding like bragging, but read our round 4 match report and you'll know what I mean.

Sausaletus Rex said...

Yesterday had a rather disturbing amount of output from you.

Yesterday was about what I aim for, really. And before I got sucked into this whole Guild Wars thing, it was pretty much my average.

And, um, I write 1300 words on a single post. You know, not to sound like bragging and all but that's not exactly a bad thing if you ask me.

I don't think that a defeatist attitude towards your next matchup is going doing you any favors.

The Bivalve started it.

No, in all seriousness, it's being realistic. OoX is, really, not that good. We're, on a good day, somewhere in the 500s. But we're struggling a bit now and we haven't been practicing much. We do not win this game - against a legitimate top 100 team (They took down EW and PnH the other day, I believe.) - with the way we normally play. That, plus the scheduling issues - we're not going to screw this team over when they have a legitimate shot to get to the elimination rounds even if that means we have to play at an awful time or we burn our forfeit (It's even been suggested that we just resign spike if they have to show up with henchies - although, you know, the match we did play against a henchie team already we lost and this is a much better opponent.) rather than try and be dicks about the scheduling when we know already who's likely to walk out of this match.

But, you'll note I said "likely" there. We are heavy underdogs here and thinking differently is going to hinder us. But that doesn't mean we're just going to roll over. If we get 6~8 and they get 6~8 then we're going to play and we're going to play our best. Personally, I think the only way we pull out a win (Which, remember, we haven't had since that creampuff in round one. Hell, we didn't even play last round.) is by running something really gimmicky. Or by tailoring a build to really mess with what we think they'll run. We've got some ideas along those lines but, at this point, just getting the game scheduled is proving to be a problem.

So, basically, we're not exactly confident about this match. But what you see in this post and if you'd been listening in on us this evening or last is gallows humor. OoX is a pretty small division within the XoO hordes and we're a pretty loose and, thanks to the tournament, tight knit bunch. So we're joking around about how we're going to get crushed. But at the same time we're spying on obs mode and going over what we can and can't do and preparing what we can. We're going to have fun with it, win or lose. After all, it's about getting better. With any luck, we'll push PmF to their limits just like we're pushing to ours. And if we can steal one game, well, why can't we steal two?

Billiard said...

Well we actually played decently last night, so perhaps we could have stolen again. Our match against DT went suprisingly well with a new build. Perhaps though some of the success can be attributed to Eighty guesting though.