Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Guild Wars: Funny Names

I spend an inordinate mount of time in the Arenas. Ever since E34E, it's been my favorite place to while away some free time. Whether it was the two man sync Arenas of the alpha or the mad six-person maps of the WPEs, it's just quick fun with a fast turnaround. Good place to test and practice things from basic builds to advanced techniques. You can come up with your own games like Infuse Arena or Got Snare? Of course, if you take them anything approaching seriously you'll eventually go mad and claw your eyes out.


One way I amuse myself is by keeping track of all the funny names I see. You see some great names in Guild Wars. The restrictions of having two names brought on by a shard-less world really brings out the creativity, I think. And while you're as likely to see some “X Aragon X” wandering around as you are in any other online game, you'll also bump into the occasional “Bloodlight Eyes". Anyhow, here are some I've seen in the past few weeks that have tickled me enough to remember.


  • Pony Slaystation Il
  • I Am The Metagame
  • The Mullet Hunter
  • Healer Heal Thyself
  • Ty Ni
  • Win Some Lose Some
  • Blue Magic Deck (Playing as a Mesmer. +10 geek cred there.)
  • How to Play Pvp (You just know this was a horrific player, don't you?)
  • A Kow Ate My [SOUP]
  • I Hate the Update (Ritualist. Right after a patch.)
  • Hexual Harrasment
  • Captain Uberness
  • Sin No More
  • Rit Ol Me This (I'm a sucker for anything related to Burt Ward, I'll admit.)
  • Emo Pope
  • Read a Book [WIN]
  • I Beat Little [kids]

Okay, so I shameless stole this bit. They can't all be winners.

No comments: