Thursday, December 14, 2006

Zumaya hurt playing Guitar Hero

Someone sent me this article in my hometown paper (There's some sort of weird registration thing needed to follow that link, I believe). Zumaya's my favorite player on the resurgent Tigers for obvious reasons. So, anyway, turns out that the hand injuries that were plaguing him last season were caused by playing Guitar Hero, not by throwing the ball hard enough to crack concrete. Which I find just hilarious, of course. I mean, picture Zoom Zoom standing there, one eye bloody, that look of intense concentration on his face – the one opposing batters have come to dread, just ask the Yankees – while he's jamming out to the Cult's “Godzilla” or something. I figure he's got flame decals up and down his controller and the keys are partially melted. But, please, somebody in the Tiger's front office make sure he doesn't get anywhere near the Wii.

No comments: