Sunday, December 3, 2006

It Got Cold All of a Sudden

Review time again. A little confident of a few of the things I put up today. Some of the things I didn't put up, though, I'm less proud of. I'm not sure why but writing, today, seems to have turned into pulling teeth once again. I don't know if it's that I'm spending too much time gaming or doing other things but it's like I'm moving through lead again. Just in a bad mood for whatever reason and it's starting to tell in my many works. I'm just churning out dross again and I'm not liking it.

Anyhow, spent today mostly putting up Christmas decorations. And cleaning things up to be able to do so. The highlight of the day had to be the Bruins beating USC. That just drove me into a night of celebration and drinking and anticipation as my friends and I discussed just how things might tumble in Michigan's favor now. All I know right now is that a rematch between OSU and UofM is going to be a circus that makes last month's game look tame by comparison. And it would be just awesome to see.

The other day I mentioned that I was having problems with my roof and, specifically, with the persons hired to repair it. I still am, of course, that sort of thing just doesn't go away in a day or two but I'm getting over the initial shock of the roof over my head crumbling around me. I'll be looking into a few different companies as well as the original one to see if I can't get a better deal, somehow. And, well, one of the ways I've done so is through a little place called ServiceMagic. They take your information about the type of work you want done and match you with contractors in your area. You can view their references, licenses, insurance, and other information online in one easy package. And they also offer a lot of other references about dealing with such workers, getting work done, and other home repair and renovations. There are other places like it but this one was passed on to me by a friend who heartily recommended it. And from what I can see, I'd have to agree.

So, there's a lot of things going on and pressures from a lot of directions and I think I'm feeling a bit run down by the various mundane catastrophes of life. Even though I have a lot to be happy about my enthusiasm is being drained away by trudging through such things. Also, Auto Assault is turning out to be pretty blah. I'm stuck in low-level grinding at the moment with my main character and I haven't yet hit on another class I'd like to play. I wrote a bit about it earlier as a sort of "pre-review" I guess. It's not that I'm playing the game to have something to write about, mind, it's just that's how I always approach these sorts of games - I just don't usually bother to publish my notes. But I do have an eye on evaluating what I'm playing even as I'm able to just sit back and play. Maybe I'd be having more fun with the game if I wasn't looking to express my thoughts on it to someone else but, well, I'm having a lot of playing that sort of game, too.

Outlook: I'm going to be hungover tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get drunk on something, too.

[1] - 20 minutes start to finish.

1 comment:

Sausaletus Rex said...

Thank you very much. I see you didn't make it yourself but, well, there's always next year and just by starting you did more than most people have.