Thursday, December 21, 2006

Gamma Testing: Firefox Add-ons One

Upgraded my browser today. Added some nice functionality and I thought I'd share. So, Firefox informed me there was an update and I needed to restart. Took the opportunity to grab some choice Add-ons.

First was Sage, a feed aggregator I'm still playing around with - I'll admit I'm a complete nub when it comes to to all things RSS as I just don't use them much myself. But, I figure if I'm going to get into this blogging game I should figure them out one of these days.

The next is Foxy Tunes, which I've know about for a while. I've just become much more into music over the past month or so and figured integrating my music player into my browser would save me some time and hassle. Which, so far it has. An unexpected benefit, as I listen to a lot of internet radio, is that it saves a list of the tracks that I've been listening to. Not only that it provides easy links to all sorts of information about the band and the album including the ability to purchase the song in a few easy mouse clicks. So now I can keep track of what I'm listening to a lot easier. Brilliant, seamless, and easy to use, I'm loving it.

As for the last, well, it's Performancing.

That's integrates a word processor and a rich text dialog box right into the browser. Lets you take notes while you're reading. And it also lets you post to your blog with a click of a button (once you're all set up, of course). Just like I did with this post. Unfortunately, it tacks a little message "powered by performancing" at the end of every post and the formatting is wonky (Stewart Scott's bad eye wonky.) but since I have it set to post as draft by default that's easy enough to get rid of. Otherwise, it works almost exactly like the rich-text box imbedded in Blogger with a few of the icons changed around.

Anybody out there have any other cool add-ons that I should be using?

No comments: