Friday, December 22, 2006

Guess Who's Back? Back Again?

Oh boy. Well, I'm afraid I might be vanishing into the woodwork for a bit. And this has nothing to do with the holidays. You see, I've found myself between games and, lo and behold, what should appear in my mailbox but an access key for the latest Guild Wars expansion. Actually, more than one (Benefits of having multiple accounts, I guess) so if anyone out there – and I can hear you not typing, you know – wants to give the game a try, just drop me a line and I'll see what I can do.

So, I'm going to have to break down and try Nightfall at this point. I'm weak, I'm oh so weak, I know, but the siren call of my addiction is keening for me once again. It's in my veins, it's in my blood, and I can't help myself. It's only a ten hour trial, though (That can be used over the course of a mere fourteen days. Which is just...huh? That's like giving someone a three-hour pass for the weekend.) so I won't be gone forever. But just thinking about playing my mind is afire with things Guild Wars. And I know I'm going to be wowed by the game and all the changes – Nightfall's supposed to be very good for solo play so I can just play at my own leisure. And I'm going to rush out and buy the box. And I'm going to start hanging around my old haunts. And talking to my old friends (If, you know, they'll still have me. Again, to everyone who's ever or ever will known me - I'm deeply sorry.). And I'm just going to get lost again until I can manage to swim against the current and come up for air.

So, I say damn your black heart, Guild Wars. Damn your beautiful, terrible, event horizon of a heart from which no light and certainly not my life can escape. You win me back. Again. But you don't win this round. No, here's the deal. I've got a list of things I want to get done before I'm going to allow myself to fire up that trial. And I'm going to do each and every last one of them before I even touch the client. Which, I'm going to head out and do that right now, so hold on because things are about to get productive around here. My baby's calling me back. That's one heck of a carrot dangling in front of my nose.


No comments: