Monday, December 4, 2006

Bush vs Webb

My love affair with Jim Webb is poorly documented, but there is evidence. This latest incident (Where he hits all the right notes) only moves me – on my personal scale of misguided relationships - from infatuation to puppy love.

I don’t know anything about the man, but is it too early for Webb to declare for the Presidency? Because, after something like this, I’d certainly vote for him. Perhaps it’s that touch of the old Scotch-Irish in me (the one that manifests itself in really, really strange ways) but I’ve always had a soft spot for leaders who actually have the courage to stand up and, well, lead. It takes balls of steel to stand in front of the smirking President of the United States and politely but firmly inform him that you won’t be playing any of his games. Since the man’s son has been placed in mortal danger by that very man, I’ll forgive him for acting perhaps a bit more rudely than moderation would allow. But, man, that’s the sort of man I’d go over the top for, so to speak.

(Yeah, I’m late to the party on this one. I usually am. But, in my defense, I was trying to write a novel.)

No comments: