Friday, December 22, 2006

Holiday Blues

Sigh, the mad preparations for the Christmas party have begun to get to me. It's just physically impossible to get more than three members of my family in any enclosed space for longer than five minutes without one argument or another breaking out. We really put the "aggressive" in passive aggressive, if you catch my drift. So, decorating the tree at my mother's tonight was a bleak affair. And, yeah, I lost my temper when I really shouldn't have.

Angry at myself, really, I've just been churning out crud lately. There's so much I want to get said and done before I take a holiday break but although I've got great ideas for what I want to do I just can't seem to get them done. Guild Wars is calling, though, so I'm going to polish off a few more things and stick the rest in the ghost file. I'm not sure just how busy I'll be past Christmas - I could spend a few days just reading new books and playing with new toys (I've got my fingers crossed that there'll be a new BaseStar for me underneath one tree or another. And, well, I've been meaning to install Linux one of these days. Also, if things go well with Nightfall then you know I'm rushing out to the store to pick up the box - holiday returns or no returns.) but I could just as easily return to blogging with a vengeance. So, I've been trying to build up a backlog of posts that are relatively "timeless" that I can slowly drip out even if I'm preoccupied. They just need a few finishing touches here and there. And what I can't get done now will go towards that as the big thing I wanted to say has been said.

That one turned out rather well, I thought, which is good because it's one I've been struggling with for a while now.

Firefox Add-ons Update: Loving them so far. Still need to figure out how to work Sage, the feed aggregator, better though.

Guild Wars Update: Close, very close. Soon.


Outlook: More than a few pressures are getting to me.

[1] - 10 minutes.

No comments: