Monday, December 18, 2006

Like Walking on Pillows

What a day. Not getting much done yet but hopefully I'll be able to crank some stuff out before I crash. Anyhow, today was mostly spent supervising contractors. On the plus side, my mother's home has a lovely new carpet. On the downside I think I wrenched my back moving the furniture once too many a time. Tomorrow's going to be even worse because that's when the roofers are going to show up. Now, I'm pretty happy with the company I decided to go with - heard nothing but good things about them and they're well established in the area and everything. But I've been burned here before so I'm going to be watching them like a hawk.

So, I'm not expecting to get much work done tomorrow either. And the day after that is tree huntin gand decorating time. Ah well, que sera sera - the future's not ours to see.

Other than that, digging through my mother's china was interesting. All the valuables and breakables had to be moved out of the room before the carpet was put in. My mother, much like myself, is an inveterate packrat so she's been saving things for years. Clay pots from preschool, ceramic figurines, crystal vases and more just lumped together in one cabinet or another. So a lot of misty eyed memories looking through those things.

Outlook: 'Tis the season.

[1] - 10 minutes.

No comments: