Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Cursed I Tells Ya! Cursed!

What a day. Okay, so yesterday I decamped from my perch at BaseStar One to wait for the roofers only to have them call me up and say they were running late on another job and they'd be showing up the next day. Fast forward to today and then I get another phonecall - this one asking me to pick between the 90 day financing and the 180 day financing. This was, as you might imagine, something of a shock to me as I thought I'd finalized a twelve month same as cash deal just the week before. But, no that deal had "expired" and was no longer being offered. Oh, and by the way, they'd forgotten to order the necessary materials from their supplier so, either way, the repairs weren't going to be completed before Christmas.

And, at this point, if you'd imagine me reaching through the phone to strangle the person on the other end you probably wouldn't be too far off. To say I'm pissed would be an understatement. I don't want to have to go through the hoops of getting rid of yet another roofing company and hiring another one. But, well, I also don't want to get screwed out of a large amount of money (For me, anyway, but they're basically going to replace the whole damn roof and that gets pricey for anyone, I'd think. Good-bye new car hello used one, pricey.). Then there's the whole actually wanting to have something over my head when the snow starts to fall. Pissed. So very, very pissed.

Anyhow, that threw my whole day out of whack and I've gotten absolutely nothing done blogwise (I'd planned on using good old BaseStar Three to hack some things out while I kept an eye on the workers but, oh no, that would have been too easy.). So, basically, I've been puttering around and getting holiday stuff done. Pretty soon we're going to be in the real crunch time as last minute preparations get made. When that happens I'm going to have to shut down operations here - temporarily - just as I did during Thanksgiving. Not that I'll be traveling as much this time but I expect my mother's going to have me busy with errands over the weekend. So, fair warning, expect a happy holidays message sometime this weekend. And not much else until afterwards. Might happen a bit earlier, might happen a bit later, but I thought I'd let my loyal fans know in case they get worried by the silence.

Also, today I made the mistake of doing a vanity search. It's always humbling to see just how little an impact you've made on the world. And, for me, just exactly where there's a record of my presence. Honestly, that's the first time I've ever done one. Online, anyway. But I was weak and I paid for it.

Something else big has come up, too, hopefully I'll be able to post details in a bit. My pride might be shattered but my confidence remains unbowed - I'm hopefully going to crank out all the stuff I wanted to during the day as soon as I wrap things up here. But I'm feeling pretty blah so I might just sleep it off.


Outlook: Afraid this year will not end without me punching some people in the nose.

[1] - 20 minutes.

No comments: