Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I'm Only Happy When it Rains

It was a rainy day today. Warm, though, for the area and this time of year. But the water was cool and refreshing in the chilled air. Just the way I like it. If I hadn't had to drive around in the stuff and at night it would have been rather nice.

You can imagine what's spinning on my record player at the moment. Well, you'd probably be wrong as I like Garbage's later stuff better. And, while I do in fact have an actual turntable it's in storage at the moment due to lack of space - it's just a pain to hook it up to my stereo system and find someplace in my crowded entertainment center to store the thing. Love vinyl and have more than a few but these days I mostly use it to listen to comedy albums from years past like Steve Martin, Cheech & Chong, Lenny Bruce, and Bob Newhart among others rather than actual music. No, Ms. Manson and her cohorts are digitally being spun through one device or another. And, well, you can rest assured that "I'm Only Happy When it Rains" is getting some air time.

Anyhow, my ghost file balooned by over 13k words yesterday. For those just joining us, my ghost file is what I call the place I'm storing all the bits and pieces of unfinished works for this blog (I have others for other things like my various novels and other projects but that's the one I'd mostly be talking about). At the moment there's just over 75,000 words contained in multiple posts in various stages of completion. Some are just short summaries of what I want to write about. Others are all done except for putting them into the editor here and making sure all the details are taken care of - I find adding links and things takes me a fair amount of time so when I'm rolling and churning out post after post I tend to save them so I don't break my rhythm. I know I promised to get some things out of there last night and I'll renew that pledge today but I promised myself I'd write certain things before I posted again and, well, they're almost but not quite done. I'm really off my pace today, though, because I've been messing around with images and pictures rather than writing - got some new graphical toys I'm playing with and all. Still, once I wrap this up and take a quick break it's back to the assembly line. And I've got some interesting things bubbling away at the back of my mind if I can just get some commitments out of the way.

Outlook: Singing in the rain. Oh what a feeling.

[1] - 18 minutes.

No comments: