Monday, December 4, 2006

Snow Day

Ugh, what a day. Contractors and workers in and out of the house all the while. To top it all off it’s started to snow. I don’t know what it is but around here – where year in and year out we have heavy snows – as soon as people see white stuff in the air they immediately start to panic. As if the white stuff falling from the air were some kind of tiny crystalline daggers about to ram into the hood of their car. So, yeah, it’s the kind of night where I’m just going to call it a night early, curl up with a good book or non-union Mexican equivalent thereof, and try to stay warm. On the bright side while I was stuck in traffic I wrote this poem in my head:

Traffic Jam

Milk-white curl of frozen air
Clings to ashvault. With lazy grace.
Trailing ribbons of burning light
As I travel canyons of moving steel.

So the day’s not a total loss, anyway.

I’ve also realized that I really need a project to keep myself motivated. So, I’m casting about to find one that will hold my attention for a little bit. Something to replace NaNo as a motivating factor at the very least.

Auto Assault update: I almost fell asleep driving. And not in-game. I think that’s my problem, driving for any length of time makes me sleepy. But, well, I missed my scheduled gaming block and I didn’t really miss it. I’ll try and make some time tomorrow but, eh, I think I’m over the game at this point unless something radical happens.

Outlook: My bed is warm and it’s calling to me.

No comments: