Sunday, December 17, 2006

Weekend Wrap Four

Time once again to pause and look about me for all I can survey. This blog is my work and, truly, my work is good.

Hope you forgive me for getting a bit melodramatic but the blog turned a month old this week. So I'm feeling like a proud parental unit of this particular little mind child of mine. It feels like I've been doing this for much longer and, at the same time, it feels fresh and fun. I'm just getting started, in other words, and no where near ready to give this thing up.

Sadly, though, I'm not the only person in the world. And someone I'd call friend appears to have fallen by the wayside. Don't worry, though, she'll be back. One of these days. This whole blogging thing is a marathon not a sprint and, for the moment, she's just choosing to run in a different direction. But, well, that just makes me even more determined to keep my own legs churning (Moving the ground isn't easy, after all, it takes some serious pushing.).

Now, for my own two readers, what you've really come here for - the goods (We, the management of the Cult of Evolution, are proud that you've chosen to spend some clock cycles filling your eyes with our information. Each of you is very important to us. Here at the Cult of Evolution we focus on quality over quantity as our blistering pace of averaging nearly 4 posts a day will attest. Try the steak and feel free to tip your waitress.). Well, for starters on the right you can see I've installed a handy collection of links to all the various catagories posts fall under here. It's woefully out of date but, eventually, I'm hoping to update the definitions page to provide a quick guide to just what each of them means (Woot! I made a half-hearted apology about something I haven't done yet. Classic, classy move! Everyone playing the drinking game at home that means you get to take a sip. Didn't mention failing at updating the site's links so no chug.). But now you can see for yourself what kind of progress I'm making on my card game or on ClotH: Two or anything else (Answers: Steady as she goes, not much - I'm mostly tearing up everything I write lately, I think I need to shift gears a bit, and you'll have to be more specific than that, please.).

Not much selection on the menu this week. That tends to happen when you shut down your production line to retool and the factory sits idle for a few days. In other words, I pretty much stopped blogging for a little bit this week. Still, I managed to get some stuff up and some of it, I think, isn't halfway bad. The stuff you haven't seen is, of course, brilliant. But, let's take a quick look at our showroom floor.

  • As usual, the Nostalgia department checks in with a strong offering. You should see the things those guys have on the drawing board - if they ever get around to getting it done then you'll really see some stuff. Problem is they're perfectionists and they've gotten involved with the art department which is just dragging things down. This week, though, they've graced the site with Fear of Heights which, in my admittedly biased opinion worked pretty well.
  • Since I'm currently playing it to exhaustion there's this little work on Bookworm Adventures to check out. R&D is just enthralled by that one, by the way, so consider it a preview of things to come. And, of course, things that might never be.
  • Speaking of things the kids in the hall would like to see more of, there's this on the sudden illness of Senator elect Johnson and what it might mean for us all. Since my politics are more than a bit out of the mainstream, I'm always reluctant to bring them up but, well, I'd definitely like to do more of that sort of thing. It's just difficult keeping current and having something new to add to the conversation - and if I can't do that then I don't really bother saying anything. The board of directors isn't too happy about it, if you catch my drift, but they're not breathing down my neck to get all political just yet. Maybe once the new year hits and people start, you know, governing again it'll be different.
  • What the board would really like to see, though, is for one of the departments around here to finally get around to explaining just what this whole agglunative/agalmic economy and Web 3.14 thing is that the market analysts are always going on about. Seriously, they just won't shut up about it. That and viewing society in a post-Clausewitzian lens of multi-nodal tribal networks operating in nth dimensional framework. They're weird and we keep them away from coffee, though (They keep trying to drink the stuff, can you imagine? I mean, I'll stick to just eating the bean, thanks...), so don't worry too much about them. They have, however, pointed this blogging conglomerate in the direction of Accelerando which is like their bible or something this week.
So, like I said, a light week and some light results. Next week is the last before Christmas which means a lot of last minute preparations for the brewing stormcloud that is my relatives descending on my mother's house. Like some kind of plague of locusts, I'm sure, with about as much organization. Not sure just how much I'll be able to get done this week because of the last minute preparations and all. I'll either be way too busy/depressed to do much of anything or incredibly productive thanks to being pissed off at one relation or another.

Outlook: I've got a huge ghostfile hanging around my neck. I'm way behind on any number of things. Next week is going to be a hellish mix of renovations, last minute shopping, and cat herding. So, yeah, things are going pretty good, thanks.

No comments: