Tuesday, November 14, 2006

DEFINITIONS

Catagories

  • Site Development: Anything to do with developing this site, its readership, its features or anything else I consider to be the nuts and bolts of running a blog.
  • Manifesto: Free-wheeling statements of doctrine and purpose and other things I like to call “shit I just made up and wanted to write down before I forgot them”.
  • Letters from the Editor: Any time I need to get all official sounding. Used to post links, announcements, and other things I find noteworthy. “In Soviet Russia, editor writes you!”
  • Nostalgia: More planned and directed posts that are verging on becoming fledgling essays. Of course, considering what I consider planning and direction to be worth your results may vary. Fair warning, as the standard for factual accuracy on these is somewhat…lacking.
  • Games: Any post with a little riddle or puzzle or mind game for people to enjoy.
  • Dear Diary: Short, timed, free form posts that are akin to myself writing in a diary. I intend to use them to keep everyone informed about how things are going and whatever my ill-concieved plans might be. Please consider these open threads.
  • NaNoWriMo: Of and about the National Novel Writing Month. Currently for year 2006.

Vocabulary
  • Evolution: Small, gradual changes adding up to something larger
  • Evolutionary: New model soldier.
  • It-getter: With the program.
  • Dinosaur: Not an it-getter.
  • Dodo: A pathetic dinosaur.

Concepts
  • Sunk cost: Irretrievable investments that are no longer germaine to the discussion. Ref: sunk cost fallacy.
  • Running the Red Queen’s race: Running in circles. Going faster and faster, getting better and better, by heading in the same direction.
  • George Costanza: Do the exact opposite of what you would normally do. Override your potentially harmful instincts.
  • Brownian motion: Social interaction with other people

No comments: