Friday, November 2, 2007

The Time Warp

I have been in a zombie-like state all day. Just walking around devoid of that spark of life, of motivation, that makes everything worthwhile. I'm pretty sure it shows.

I'm back at the old homestead now. As you might recall, I made the long, arduous trek back to my mother's to be here for her when she puts the dog to sleep tomorrow. That was the plan, anyway, because I get home and she's wavering. Might not happen tomorrow. The dog might have another week. She might have less because, you know, she's not going to get better just worse. But my mother and my sister feel she's doing alright and that it might be better to wait a little while longer. Presonally, I just want it to be over but I can't help but feel awful for thinking like that.

So, I'm an emotional wreck, any sense I have of what's working and what isn't has completely vanished, and I'm on the guilt trip from hell. Perfect time to start writing, isn't it? Yeah, I'm going to try and get my daily NaNoing in now and hope it isn't just utter dross. In other words, I wouldn't expect another excerpt today.

No comments: