Saturday, November 3, 2007

It's Done

You'll excuse me if I'm a little out of it but I've just downed three rum and pepsis and I'm feeling it a bit right now. Back from the vets. Back from the same damn vets where my cat died. Back from murdering my dog. She went quickly. Peacefully. She didn't shudder or shake or whine. She just trembled[1]. The same deep down shake she's always had whenever we make a trip to the veterinarian. A little shot and a few seconds later and it was over. Mercifully, finally, at long last over. I am....actually, I don't know what I'm going to do after this. Getting home and writing this up had been what's driven me for the past few hours - beyond an endless void of grief, of course - and now that it's nearly done, I'm at a loose end.


[1] - And soiled herself. And my sister who was holding her. That's the part you never hear about, how the body continues to function even after what occupies it is gone. But I can't really complain since the doctor did warn us about it.

No comments: