Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Long and Winding Road

I'm back from my trip to the family cottage. It was a long, dark ride through the perilous night back and I'm about to collapse from exhaustion if not a crippling case of car butt, so you'll forgive me if I'm brief. I have a warm, inviting bed calling out to me. This was the latest I've ever made the trip up and there's a very good reason why - it gets damn cold this time of year. I spent last night trying to figure out if the chimney had been cleaned recently. And then deciding I didn't really car if I did set the place on fire, I'd appreciate the warmth.

Anyhow, it's good to be back in a place that has central heating. I did manage to get some writing done over the weekend but I had to do it all longhand in a notebook. Right now, I'm too tired to transcribe it all. I'm not even sure I should bother, though. It's such a mess at the moment. I'm something like 60k in and I'm not even through the first chapter. And there's a huge hole at the center of it that I've been trying to hammer out for a solid week now. Sitting in my inbox waiting for me to get home was the weekly pep talk. It's all about a writer's fatigue. And I'm definitely feeling it right now.

Although...driving home I had an idea about what to do with my novel. A rather extreme idea. But I'm going to sleep on it. For now.

2 comments:

Soluna Sassoon said...

oh man I was so worried about you. I am glad you are o.k. Should have checked here earlier *bonks head*

Sausaletus Rex said...

Figures. The one time I actually manage to be diligent about posting my comings and goings so people don't worry when I drop off the face of the earth and what happens?

Oh well, sorry to have worried you. But that's what you get for not slavishly checking my site and increasing my page views, silly.

P.S. I will still crush you!