Sunday, November 4, 2007

Now What?

Obviously, I hope, I'm taking it easy today. Yesterday, at least shortly after returning from the vets, I was a bundle of energy. Trying to do something, anything, to keep my mind off of things. Nothing productive, mind, the sort of furniture polishing, bookshelf rearranging sort of busy work designed to chew up the hours of the day. But it didn't, it couldn't last, and before long I was just numb from the pent-up emotion. Now, today, I'm just listless. Can't work up the motivation for anything. So I'm just taking it easy, watching some football (Kept my self-imposed distance from yesterday's UM/MSU game but I couldn't resist this weeks Superbowl XLII-A between the Colts and the Pats. It's been living up to expectations so far. While I was at it, I caught the Lions game as a warm-up. 6-2 now and in a tough race with Green Bay, who'd have thought? I think, at this point, the only real question is what the hell went wrong in Philadelphia?). Also playing some video games, catching up on some reading, that sort of thing. Just want to shut my brain, my heart down for a little while while it heals over.

Should be back on track tomorrow when it's time to get out from under this black cloud and on with my life. Probably a few more posts to work out of my system about this whole thing, though. Thanks to everyone who's e-mailed me or otherwise gotten in touch to give me their sympathies. It's been rough but knowing that others were there for me, had gone through this sort of thing on their own has made it just that little bit more bearable.

No comments: