Saturday, November 3, 2007

Blue, Not Green

This has only just occurred to me but it seems that I'm forever going to associate Michigan State with the death of my dog. Just one more reason to add to the hate pile, I suppose. But, yes, my enthusiasm for this afternoon's contest is minimal, approaching infinitesmal. I honestly think this is going to be the first year I can remember - likely the first year of my life - that I don't, in some way, form, or means - watch the game. I'm stunned but, at the moment, sports just doesn't seem all that important. Seems wrong, somehow, to focus on the trivial when I'm rushing into the soul-wearying darkness. Just as well, the way things are going this week, State is going to crush my Wolverines and dance on the mangled wreck they leave behind.

Almost said corpses there. That's exactly the kind of thought I'm trying to keep from thinking.

No comments: