Friday, November 16, 2007

The Chill of Winter Sweeps Across the Land

Welcome to winter. Remember, winter isn't a time of empty and bleak sadness. Instead, it's the time when the land regenerates, building its strength for what's to come. A time to reflect and reminisce while gathered around the few sources of warmth. Around a roaring fire with some good drink and some better friends.

Anyhow, hate to do this while things have been going so well to kick off the second year, but effective immediately I'll be going on a break.

Going to head out of town to visit with some friends for the weekend's big game (That still feels strangely hollow to me) and then it's back to the ancestral lands to gear up for the latest gathering of the clans. We're having a get-together early in the week before Thanksgiving and then we'll be doing the whole turkey day thing. Might even be getting tickets to go see the Lions, not sure at this point. In any event a lot of running around and eating way too much food and although I might be able to continue to update, I'm not even going to bother to try.

Here's the plan. Because of all the holiday, I'll be going into quiet mode next week. And probably the week after as well. I might pop up to post a thought or two but no promises. With trying to write a book and get ready for Thanksgiving and everything else I've got going on, something has to give and I've decided that this blog is it.

No comments: