Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I Post A Lot For Someone on a Break, Don't I?

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I'm still waiting for inspiration to strike about what to do with my cake.


Turns out that, contrary to The Plan, we won't be heading to the Lions' game tomorrow after all. Couldn't get tickets and not willing to pay the scalper's premium. It's been a while since we've been to one anyway – one of my uncles used to get free tickets but our yearly tradition of watching ended when that perk did – so it's not a big deal. I'm still just amazed that it's going to be a meaningful game. But even more that it's going to be the day's other games that promises to be the stinker. I don't know about you but Dallas and the lowly Jets sounds like a blowout. And the Colts demolishing the Falcons who are going back to Joey Ballgame again, doesn't sound too appealing to me. At least, not as much as watching fierce divisional rivals try to take each other out, Detroit's home field advantage (Which, trust me, kicks into another gear for the Thanksgiving games) trying to pin another loss on the seemingly unstoppable Packers. I'm pretty sure the schedule makers had no idea that the games were going to play out like that heading into the season but there it is. Be a nice game to see.


Instead, though, we're going to be heading downtown for the parade. Another Detroit institution. But looking at the latest weather reports, it looks like it's going to be a cold, snowy day. I think I might just have to give it a pass.


Anyhow, I might be too weighed down with foodstuffs or too desperately trying to warm to stagger back to the blog tomorrow. So, if I don't, here's hoping your Thanksgiving is one warmed by good company and good spirits.

No comments: