Monday, November 12, 2007

Happy Veterans' Day

Missed it since I was out of town over the weekend but even though it's a day late, but happy Veterans Day to you all.

I've never been in the military myself. Although I have had friends, relatives, who've signed up like so many other Americans in this day and age, I have no idea of the pain and loss and anguish it can bring. Any more than the joys and rewards it can also lead towards. But what I do know is that I talk a lot. I say things about video games and music and even the war. Words that I wouldn't be able even say if it hadn't been for the brave men and women who've given a part of their lives over in service to this country. What I don't tend to say, though, is how grateful I am for that.

So, let me just say thank you. Thank you for your courage. Thank you for your service. And, especially, thank you for your sacrifice. It's something that should never be forgotten and, rest assured, I never have.

No comments: