Monday, November 5, 2007

Moving Backwards

So, yeah, I wanted to get the last of my mourning for my poor old dog out of my system today. Have a few thoughts, a few posts in the wings, that I've jotted down over the weekend. But whenever I sit down to write them, it's just too strong. Too soon, I guess. And I just can't do it. Instead, I find an excuse, any excuse not to and wait for the time I've budgeted to slip away. Really, no motivation to do anything really. It all seems so hollow, so empty, even when I know it's really not.

So, right, I'm not getting much done and what is getting done is being done horribly. So out of it. And daylight's saving time isn't helping matters. My sleep schedule was already shot to hell and now my internal chronometer is all screwed up.

On the plus side, I managed to play a lot of Guild Wars over the weekend and I've got a whole new series out of it. So fucking pathetic.

Off now to work on my novel. Tonight, I think, is going to be brutal. But I want to log at least 4k so I can keep up my pace. I just have no inspiration and the words are flowing like treacle today.

No comments: