Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Through the Logic Gate

So, I was freaking out about today's test. I had most of the material but for whatever reason I just had a feeling of impending doom. So I was frantically going over everything and trying to figure out what I was missing. Just relearning and relearning and covering the estoric stuff that would never make it onto a test until my eyes were watering and I was starting to forget. And whatever confidence I was feeling yesterday had just withered away. But, eventually, I ran out of time to study and headed off to class. Late, of course, because it was turning out to be that kind of a day. And nearly got myself killed on the freeway (That's an entirely different story, though) because I was somewhat distracted and in a hurry and everyone else on the road is a complete an utter moron. Sat down just as class was starting, hurried to get my pencils all nice and sharpened and my test paper ready and waited for game time. And waited. And waited some more.

Until finally one of my classmate (who's kinda cute) asked if we - the class, that is - wanted her to get the teacher. Turns out our normal professor was off today and some other teacher was going to hand out the tests. So, she went and got him and the test was only 12 questions long. And photocopied to death, apparently, as the text was incredibly grainy and hard to make out. Not only that but after handing out the papers, the visiting teacher left the room entirely. I guess that's the difference between, say, high school and college because any attempts to, well, cheat were quickly shushed down. And I was done with the thing and out the door in a half hour.

Anyway, it was a short and sweet test. That's either a good thing or a bad thing, depending, as many of the questions were interrelated so if you get the first one wrong, you're likely to miss a few more. I'm pretty sure I missed at least one because not only was the test short - we'd been promised 25 questions - it was copied horribly and the last question was partially cut off. So, since I couldn't figure out the answer I left it blank. The rest of the test was incredibly easy, though, and I took my time and double and triple checked my answers before turning it in. So, again, I feel pretty good about my chances. Just like the last test, I think I was well over-prepared even though I went out of my way not to go crazy with the studying again. Ah well.

No comments: