Saturday, February 17, 2007

Rolled Out

Back in the salt mines again. Made a stack's worth of tokens today although it's hard to tell exactly how many matches that took me exactly. I'm starting to consistently place in the 1 and 2 spot. My longest consecutive win streak is 4 although the picture didn't turn out so, you know, I have no proof. And I figure I'm averaging something like 4 tokens/points per match. That means I'd have to run in another 170 or so races to get that rank 3 Gamer title I crave so much. That's possible if I were to basically play the beetles from now until the closing bell. But I want to try some of the other things to offer. And it looks like the first round of the tournament, for me, anyway, will begin on Monday (Fallback time is 3AM GST on the 20th, which works out to sometime Monday evening, I believe.). So, I don't want to exhaust myself before the big game and all.

Also, I should mention I've found a bug/exploit in the Rollerbeetle races. You see, when you crack open a crate and get a power-up the crate will spawn again in, like, half a second. If you're still there, you'll crack it again and, possibly, get another powerup. So, what I've seen people doing is to park their beetle over a crate. They get loaded up with powerups and they can grief people by launching lots of knockdowns and such (Plus, they make it hard to grab that crate themselves.). Seems very cheap and not something that should happen - the simple fix would be to give only one boost per crate location.

I very nearly ragequit this afternoon the first time it happened to me but, instead, I figured I might be able to use that trick to good effect. Just parking over a crate for maybe three or five powerups gives you a tremendous advantage. And it doesn't put you that far behind, either. And if you get an Echo/Superbeetle it's well worth it. It's obviously not something you want to do when you're well in the lead but a good trick to keep in mind.

No comments: