Monday, February 26, 2007

Drama

Completely forgot to post yesterday which, you know, isn't a good sign. I'm not apt to quit things so much as I am to let them fade away in a cloud of apathy. Still, in my defense, I was spending all of my free time in the Dragon Arena. Which, as I'd been promised, was a blast. I'm more than a bit miffed that the NPCs where I could turn in my victory tokens were yanked. Same thing happened with the Snowball Fights although I had the speculative foresight to convert some of my massive stock of candy cane shards into items I could actually sell. But, really, what am I going to do with all that useless crap clogging up my inventory? I can't sell it even if I wanted to.

In my not so free time, my brother (the one I'm speaking to) is in town and I was showing him around. And I've been studying up for the upcoming Math test on Wednesday. On top of everything else on my to do list it's left me with little time to write. Hopefully, we'll be changing that but you never know.

On the other hand, my in-game family the XoO crew is undergoing something of a meltdown. It might be just pent up frustration over the weekend's tournament losses, it might be something more, it might be nothing but my imagination but there's just e-drama in the air these days, it seems. Either way, it doesn't give me much incentive to hang around the game or the XoO forums. So maybe, just maybe, I'll find that elusive happy medium I've been looking for.

5 comments:

Lemming said...

This brings to memory a quote in IRC from a former member of XoO.

Tigre: I dunno but I feel that XoO is like a communistic microcosm where they have issues here and there that they try to cover up and attempt to make things all goody goody.

Still, I can't envision XoO having serious e-drama issues. It just doesn't feel like that kind of guild that's prone to drama-y rage.

Off-topic thoughts:

1. I'm a bit sad that I lost my member access on XoO forums the day I left. I can appreciate why it was done, but I rather miss it.

2. Only announcing wins on the front page of xoohq.com's GW section was meh, in my opinion. -.-

Sausaletus Rex said...

I can't envision XoO having serious e-drama issues. It just doesn't feel like that kind of guild that's prone to drama-y rage.

Well, it's not all that bad. And, really, nothing compared to some e-drama I've seen. But people are complaining about things. Like what to use Alliance chat for. And someone wanted out of a division because they weren't having fun - only problem was they were on the tournament roster so they couldn't switch without screwing everyone over. In OoX I'm getting concerned at the lack of practice time and so forth. Just, you know, tension all around. It happens. I don't think XoO is ready to split apart because of it or anything but not everyone's on the same page. But I think that's normal and these sort of things crop up and get corrected in organizations that endure.

Only announcing wins on the front page of xoohq.com's GW section was meh, in my opinion.

I didn't notice that but you're right, it is pretty meh. But, part of the problem is that Billiard was away on vacation for the weekend. He's missed our match, for example, which was unfortunate. But he's also the person who does the news posts there so I'd like to think if he was there he would have posted that stuff. But, you know, looking over the archives it is only the wins that get announced. Hmmm...

Clamatius said...

Still, in my defense, I was spending all of my free time in the Dragon Arena. Which, as I'd been promised, was a blast.

A Dragon Blast, surely?

As for e-drama, it doesn't seem that bad to me. There are enough people in XoO that not everyone's going to see eye to eye all the time.

Sausaletus Rex said...

A Dragon Blast, surely?

I just want to take a moment and reflect on the awfulness of that line. For posterity's sake if nothing else. No, no, just a bit longer.

As for e-drama, it doesn't seem that bad to me.

Eh, it's not. But I had a theme day in mind. Shame I didn't really get any of it done until today. And then only a fraction of it. Just not enough hours in the day and far too much going on. I'd try and type faster to get more done but I think my keyboard would melt...

Clamatius said...

I just want to take a moment and reflect on the awfulness of that line.

I'll be here all week. Try the veal.