Tuesday, February 20, 2007

This Religion Approves of Overindulgence

Alright, I admit it. I'm weak. I gave into temptation and just devoured one of my delicious paczki. It's been a rough day for reasons I won't bore you with and I'm feeling a bit down because I'd wanted to get back to blogging in earnest today and it didn't happen. Somehow, the time I thought I'd have just evaporated. So, I felt I'd earned the pick-me up of a mouthful of custardy filled goodness.

And, yeah, I know that's exactly a wrong attitude to take towards food when you're trying to slim down. Don't reward yourself, eat at regular times, don't eat anywhere but your designated dinning area, and everything else that creates good habits and prevents you from snacking yourself to death. Or, you know, diabetes, heart failure, and everything else associated with being a fat sack of lard. Oh, and exercise. I'm not doing that one too much either. Sigh.

Still, can't feel too down because I'm still feeling the afterglow from last night's smack down. It's not so much the winning (Although, yeah, that feels nice. Even though the games were easy and all, it's still a win. And that's always more fun than the alternative.) so much as it is just being a part of the tournament. All the 200+ guilds participating, just being a part of that, it's an awesome feeling. Everyone's tracking down match results and going over who was running what and why this team won and why that team lost. It's energizing, it's revitalizing, and it's exciting. And I'm smack dab in the thick of it. I mean, I'm not exactly expecting to get to the round of 16 or anything but just to be back in the game and competing again feels great. Pretty soon the first round results are going to get posted on the official page and the next matches will be scheduled and it's going to be like this for six weeks. And past that we'll have the automated tournaments to look forward to and it's just a lot better than playing the ladder game. It's, in fact, a lot more like what I remember the All Calls in the test being like. And those were, of course, a great time.

To think - I almost missed out on this by throwing up my hands and quiting again.

Oh, and this weekend they're going to be opening up all the mini-games they've had for Cantha over the years. Including the Rollerbeetles from this New Year's celebration. But more intriguing for me is the Dragon Arena - which I've never had a chance to play before. I had a blast with the Dodgeball game it's based on so, yeah, I'm going to be looking forward to that. Plus, you know, I'm only about 600 gamer points away from rank 3.

It's just nice to know that, sometimes, you get a second chance.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sausaletus Rex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clamatius said...

I'm glad you enjoy chatting with spam bots. There's a lot of them around, so you'll have a plentiful supply of exciting new friends.

Dragon Arena is pretty fun. Probably my personal favourite of the mini-games so far.

Sausaletus Rex said...

I'm glad you enjoy chatting with spam bots.

Ye-ah. In my defense, check the timestamp - way too late for me to be functioning properly. Especially not after all that high-end GvG.

Dragon Arena is pretty fun. Probably my personal favourite of the mini-games so far.

Never played it myself so I'm looking forward to it. Did play a lot of Dodgeball back in the day - it's definitely good practice for a lot of things. Although, sounds like we'll be having a match sometime this weekend so who knows how much I'll be able to get in.

Clamatius said...

Oh, and exercise. I'm not doing that one too much either. Sigh.

DDR. Seriously.

To think - I almost missed out on this by throwing up my hands and quiting again.

You're welcome. Just as well you can't spell quitting, you'd have missed a lot of fun.

Sausaletus Rex said...

Just as well you can't spell quitting

I could have spelled it right, but I gave up in the middle there.

Rimshot, please.