Thursday, February 1, 2007

A Breath of Fresh Air

Man, the Daily Show has been on fire lately. Just knocking them out of the park (Although I think they missed a big opportunity with not putting "Mr. I'm a PC". Hodgman and Mr. Gates together - still, the fun they had with his hasty exit almost makes up for that.). The new correspondents have really jelled and are approaching Colbert/Carrel levels of sustained excellence in the cause of making me laugh. They've been just hammering the Veep lately. Who richly deserves it, of course. But even things like the interview with Mr. Tyson - who's awesome, by the way - have been just spot on. I mean, I've been watching TDS since it started and it's always been a pretty entertaining half hour but it's just sublime at the moment.

Sarah Silverman, on the other hand? Not so much.

Anyhow, I'm in a good mood because today was another 10k day. Actually, if you take all the comments I've been making into consideration, I'm probably well past that mark already. I have a bit of tweaking to do on a lynchpin post before they all roll off the assembly line, but they'll be up soon enough. It's like the dam broke today as there's just so much to talk about.

Things like the passing of Molly Ivins. A great columnist and one of those people who kept me sane in the dark days before the last election. The world's a little poorer now - and I only found out in this morning's paper. The last column she ever published says it all in the title - Stand Up Against the Surge. As she said, "we are the deciders". And, so in tribute, I think it's time to go out and raise a little hell.

I got a bit distracted by happenings in Guild Wars land. The patch came a day early and it looks like the collective fit the community was pitching has provoked a response. Or at least some communication. I did a lot of teh blogging about it today but, you know, I'm just burning it out of my system. We're moving on to other things for the moment. I didn't log in at all today and it's just a refreshing feeling (I'll hit it up for my nightly PvP session and all but, you know, baby steps.). I got momentarily tripped up by the happenings but, really, it's time to start working on other things.

Like that math test. I decided to take a break from studying today. Just a day to relax and get my batteries charged up before delving into things over the weekend. I'm going to be hitting the books tomorrow and through Monday so we'll have to see how things go. At the moment I feel like if I had the time I could write another 10k. I'm going to cut it short, though, before I get too exhausted and spoil tomorrow before it even begins.

Outlook: Why do I have more fun with this game when I'm not playing? Ah, yes. Because I suck.

[1] - 20 minutes.

No comments: