Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Celestial Tournament: Round Two Pairings Released

Again, nothing official - the results from the last round haven't even been announced yet. But there is this rather awkwardly organized post at TGH.

A bit too disheveled for me to go through. But the OoX matches are as follows:

Stylish Crew [Sc] (1-0, 3 points) challenges Xen of Onslaught [XoO] (1-0, 3 points) (Region: Asia)

Sc's fairly highly ranked for whatever that's worth. They were at one point, ranked even higher. Seems like XoO's going to have another tough opponent on their hands.


Reign of Xen [XoO] (0-1, 0 points) challenges Omg Noobs [OMG] (0-1, 0 points) (Region: Europe)

Update: I thought the Noobs were unranked but I guess I searched the ladder wrong. They're actually on the ladder with 131 matches and 1002 rating. So, perhaps not the easy match I was expecting to see for RoX. But, still, hopefully, it'll be a match where Reign of Xen can turn their fortunes around.


Onslaught of Xen
[XoO] (1-0, 3 points) challenges Pints N Quarts [PsQs] (1-0, 3 points) (Region: America)

The one I care about, of course, as I'll be playing in it. The fallback time (Which we've learned since last round is an important consideration) is 3GMT on the 25th which, if I'm doing the calculations right is going to be Saturday night.

[PsQs] seems like a good match to OoX. They're currently ranked 391st while OoX is ranked 625th. They've got 1027 rating points in 187 games with a 97-87 record climbing up with a recent winning streak as far as I can tell. While OoX has 1007 in 146 with a 72-74 record. We've stumbled a bit thanks to some tournament testing. In other words, two teams that play a lot and hover around that .500 mark. We'll have to see how it goes, I guess, but I have the feeling this round's going to be more interesting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AFAIK, Sc is the predominant Korean pug - an Asian version of [izzy] before the tournament started. I have no idea how they fielded a competent team.

Sausaletus Rex said...

Couple updates:

Looks like someone's gone through the TGH thread and cleaned up that list a bit. It's still not quite perfect as not every guild gets listed in both columns but it's not, at least, readable.

The official results and pairings for the second round are up, too.

Also, I found out RoX's opponents are ranked after all and made the appropriate change.

Sc is the predominant Korean pug

That's what I've heard, too. No clue who's playing for them or what they run or anything at the moment. So, it looks like this rounds going to be a tough one for all the XoO teams.