Friday, February 9, 2007

Guild Wars: The Best 1k Faction I Ever Spent

Last night was an off night so I decided to dick around in the Arena. But before I did I had one very important skill to unlock:

Death Pact Signet. Signet. 2cast, 8recharge. Resurrect target party member with your current Health and Energy. If that party member dies within the next 120 seconds, so do you.

Which, you know, I wouldn't contemplate running under normal circumstances (Although it does have some viability in certain extreme builds thanks to one simple fact - deaths under the Death Pact Signet don't cause DP). But last night I wasn't exactly normal circumstances. Rather than heading into the RA to practice and hone my, admittedly meager, skills I was out to mess around with a "joke build".

Guild Wars, after all, is a game. And a game's about having fun. Sometimes, for me anyways, that's about having the perfect build and all that implies. And sometimes it's just about loading up something ridiculous and just having a ball with it.

Because, let me tell you, DPS is the funniest skill since Unyielding Aura ("Oh, what's that? Someone overextending? Click, that'll learn you to keep on my leash."). I pretty much went with the Weapon of Remedy rit I've been using lately in GvG swapping out Flesh of My Flesh for the Death Pact. My only other change was to put in Lively was Naomi. The idea there is simple, rez someone up with Death Pact (swapping up to a high en set so they got up with a fat stash of energy to work with, of course), and if it looks like they're going down, put up Naomi and I'd die and pop right back up. Hilarious.

Since the Weapon of Remedy build is basically a resto healer, it was a mad scramble whenever the Death Pact was in play. There's no icon - that I saw, anyway - reminding you of the signet's effect so there was nothing to prevent someone to rush off and get themselves killed again. At times I had the entire team Death Pact'd (I'm generally quick on the draw with a rez - by RA standards, anyway - and with a 2 second cast you can beat any rezsig.) and was rushing back and forth trying to keep them from dying. Pure, unbridled madness.

Not something I'd want to do everyday but, hey, nothing compared to some joke builds I've run in the past - I remember a few memorable evenings where the entire team rolled up Paladin premades to GvG with. And we'd win with that. It's nights like those that I remember much better than yet another Hall or GvG match. Every now and then it's good to just get silly with it, after all.

No comments: