Monday, February 19, 2007

Celestial Tournament: Kicking the Tires

Well, sorry about yesterday - broke my longstanding streak of at least a post a day. And the content around here's been slipping as well. But that's because I've been undergoing rigorous preparation for tonight's round of the Celestial Tourney. Had a bit of a last minute panic with the scheduling but we're set to go against our first opponent later tonight. I've been heavily involved in training and practicing and clearing out my schedule so I could partake.

In fact, at the moment I'm doing my best impression of the 21st century digital boy and multitasking my way to adult onset ADD, I'm sure. Logged into vent and the game, doing some last minute preparation. Checking forums, doing a last minute check of some maps, just anything and everything I can to get myself up to game speed.

I've got the angry music pumped up loud. Biggie biggie biggie, can't you see. It's a good thing I'm wearing headphones because anyone listening to it would be extremely annoyed with me. Not for the content so much as my fast forwarding, skipping from tune to tune, and replaying a particular hook over and over. To get myself into a groove. To angry up the blood.

Just to get pumped up because I need to be confident to be at my best. So I'm using the music to get into that emotional zone I need to be.

Woo, sounds like the Mothership XoO Main, just won their first round battle against SoW. Now the pressure's really on the Ox.

No comments: