Thursday, August 23, 2007

So, I'm Back?

I hope so. It's really not a good sign that I keep dropping off from posting for stretches at a time. It's really getting to be a bad habit. This time, I think I had a perfectly good excuse thanks to an unexpected cross-country road trip. But, also, because apparently the electrical infrastructure around here goes down when rustled with the slightest breeze, I lost power after the rainstorms of earlier in the week. Thankfully no flooding but not having electricity makes it hard for me to do, well, anything that I usually do.


The power came back the next day and I've been playing with behind the scenes stuff since. As I said earlier, I think I broke the blog for a day or two, not that I realized it. But things appear to be functioning now and I think I'm about ready to settle in for some bloggeration. I still want to tweak the site around some more – I've got the always dangerous ideas – but I'm going to put that aside for the next few days or so. Hopefully, like my script, I can finish that off by the end of the month.


But the next few days? It's Guild Wars time again. You'd think I'd have learned better by now, but I've got a ticket to the upcoming preview for Eye of the North. And I intend to make the most of it even though I'm not particularly enthused by the expansion (Random reason I hate GW:EN #218: The far too cutsey Asura are a blight on my soul. And I haven't even encountered them in game yet. Just the thought of them makes me hope there's some mission where you get to kill them by the handfuls. I will find that mission and I will play it over and over again. And when people ask me what I'm doing, I'll say, “God's will.”) and not exactly ready to get sucked back into the gaming scene again. I'm trying to keep an open mind, though, and I'm hoping a solid weekend of gaming will either warm me to the idea or confirm my worst fears. Bar's set low, is what I'm saying. But, as always, GW should scare up some content. Might even herald the return of the livebloggy.

No comments: