Friday, August 24, 2007

Getting Ready For Guild Wars: Obs Mode Observations

I figured it would be a slow night on the obs mode, but I actually stumbled onto smething interesting. iQ broke up or something? I'm watching them climb up the ladder in a half PUG, half iQ group called the Merchants of Justice [moj] but the tags are all messed up. Chuck, for one, isn't flying the colors. And Tommy joined up with iQ? Wild.


Anyhow, they're running a pretty old school build, as far as I can tell. It's two Wars. One's W/E with an axe and, you guessed it, Shock. The other W/Rt with a hammer and presumably the hard rez. Then there's two Surge/Burn Mes which really gives it that old school flavor for me. An E/Me, who's a water snarer. Tommy's on a Monk, of course, with a Ranger secondary for no reason that I can fathom but with LoD and Spirit Bond, haven't actually seen an infuse but I assume it's there.. The other Monk is Mo/E with Shield of Deflection and a ward which is a bit new fangled to me but not anything I haven't seen before, really. And Chuck's on the runner who's a sexy looking Weapon of Resto Rit with an Sin secondary to chain Dash and Dark Escape together. Nothing too fancy. Just solid, balanced, pressure.


They're chewing through some top 100 opposition, for what that means at the moment, anyway. They've had a few close calls, some spots where it looked like they were about to break in their base, but they've pulled out every match I've see. Thanks, no doubt, to the experience factor. You know, they get boosts on demand, they make the right call on the splits time in and time out, it's a sight to see.

No comments: